Trying to watch on your big screen? You can cast the show to your TV but depending on your device compatibility, you may not be able to use the video chat or text chat features. For this reason, we suggest you remain in the lobby and hide the interface when casting to your TV.
In this article
Looking for steps to cast from a mobile device? Check this out!
Casting from Chrome Web Browser
To get started, you will need:
- A Chromecast compatible TV
- A computer on the same wifi network as your TV
- The most up-to-date version of Chrome on your computer
Once you have confirmed the above items, follow these steps to get casting!
- From your computer, launch Google Chrome and join the event to be taken to the event lobby.
- Check your browser settings by clicking the lock icon by the URL.
- Confirm the tab’s Video, Microphone, and Sound are all toggled on. If you need to change the settings, refresh your tab after making the change to activate it.
- Click the More icon (3 dots) on the upper right corner of the Chrome browser.
- Click Cast.
- Select the device to which you want to cast. If you see your TV but it is greyed out, it is likely your TV is not compatible with Chromecast. If your TV is not compatible, try the screen mirroring steps below.
- Ensure the audio output is set to the desired speaker in Flymachine: click the settings wheel to open the settings panel and select the output device you'd like to use.
- Enjoy the show!!
Note: Need help setting up Chromecast? Check this out.
Mirror your screen from a Mac Computer
To get started, confirm that your computer and TV are on the same wifi network.
- Click on the Control Center icon in the menu bar. It should be next to the time in the top right corner, by the Siri button.
- Select the device you want to mirror your screen to.
- Your entire screen and the audio from your device should move over to the display you selected.
Once you are mirroring your screen, double-check that your audio from Flymachine is going to the right speaker:
- Click the settings wheel in the bottom left of the screen in Flymachine.
- Select Audio Video.
- Set your speaker to the desired output.
- Click Done.
Mirror your screen from a PC computer
- Ensure your computer and your TV are connected to the same wifi network.
- Press the Windows button + P on your PC. This opens the projection menu.
- Choose what you want to project. We recommend PC screen only.
- Click Connect to a wireless display.
- Choose your TV from the device list.
- Follow any prompts that appear on your TV screen.
Still no luck? You might need to try using an HDMI cable.